Are you planning to attend the HIMSS 15 Annual Conference in Chicago from April 12 to April 16? The team from Health Data Archiver will be there and looks forward to educating you about EHR replacement and patient data storage.
Here are six tips out team has put together to help you make the most of your conference experience:
- Plan out your sessions. The session schedule is online. Spend time reviewing the offerings and selecting which sessions you want to attend. There are over 300 educational sessions on a wide range of topics including career development, electronic health records and patient engagement. Since the conference is one of largest in the industry and can be overwhelming, first time attendees should watch the preconference orientation webinar or plan to attend one of the two conference orientations. If there are two sessions you want to attend, consider pairing up with a colleague and sharing information with each other from each session.
- Join the Conversation. Attendees, vendors, panelists and organizers have been talking about the conference on Twitter for months. Check out the hashtag #HIMSS15 to learn more about people who are coming and make connections before you set foot in Chicago.
- Attend Harmony Healthcare IT’s presentation on System Replacement and its Impact on Legacy Data Retention. Yes, this is a shameless plug. Harmony Healthcare IT’s Director of Business Development, Scott Kidder, will provide valuable insight on Tuesday April 14th from 4-4:30pm CT at Booth 5484 Kiosk # 6 in the Clinical & Business Analytics/Intelligence Pavilion. Scott is going to talk about how clinical, financial or administrative system replacement directly impacts data retention. He will analyze four common strategies for managing legacy data, considering cost, risk and level-of-effort for each. After his session, you will walk away with practical ideas on how to more effectively manage EHR replacement while complying with medical retention laws.
- Network. Network. Meeting other professionals is one of the biggest benefits of attending HIMSS. Spend some time reviewing the various receptions and community events held during the conference and carve time out to attend one or more. Some events are geared toward specific types of professionals like physicians versus clinical engineering/IT professionals. The HIMSS15 Opening Reception is a fantastic opportunity for everyone to network and should be on your must-do list for the conference.
- Visit the Exhibition Hall. Over 1200 health IT vendors will be at the Exhibition Hall. This is a great opportunity to learn about new products and get immediate answers. Be sure to stop by the Harmony Healthcare Booth located in the South Hall at Booth 5476. Don’t miss the Show floor Landmarks, such as the Connected Patient Gallery, Disaster Preparedness Knowledge Center and the Intelligent Health Pavilion.
- Attend the HIMSS Block Party and the Awards Ceremony. While the planned networking events are worthwhile, important connections are also made at the HIMSS social events. On Tuesday night, members will be honored for their contributions and achievements at the HIMSS Awards & Recognition Gala. The Block Party on Wednesday night features food from Wrigleyville, Greektown, Little Italy, Pilsen and other iconic Chicago neighborhoods. There will also be entertainment, interactive games and prizes.
What tips do you have for getting the most out of the conference?