Torrance Health Association is a Management Service Organization (MSO) that provides practice management and administrative support services for 100 physician group practices with more than 350 support staff across 22 locations in southern California. As an MSO, Torrance Health Association manages its member physicians’ non-medical business functions so they can concentrate on the clinical aspects of their practices.
Torrance Health Association needed to implement a new electronic health record (EHR) that would replace five Misys systems that Allscripts planned to sunset as well as one Practice Partners system from McKesson. As all of the historical data from those legacy systems would be too costly and complex to convert, a commitment was made to its physician members to research and implement a legacy data management solution that would:
- comply with HIPAA and state record retention laws
- provide secure, long-term record storage with easy access to patient history
- eliminate the investment in maintaining outdated legacy systems that might become fragile and unreliable in the future
Health Data Archiver was implemented to consolidate the historical data store from the six legacy systems, making each data source easily accessible to users within the MSO. The project was completed on time and on budget. Training included online sessions for physicians and staff members which enabled every office to smoothly transition with minimal effort.
- Return on Investment in under 12 months
- Easy user access to historical records to full release of information requests for payers, patients, lawyers, employers, etc.
- Full data integrity achieved to comply with federal and state retention laws
- Consolidation of disparate legacy data silos from multiple systems
- Scalable solution to accept legacy data in the future as additional applications retire
“The real win is our physicians and their office staff are pleased with the archive. The entire archiving process was convenient and easy. We provided the Harmony Healthcare IT team with access to our legacy systems and they did all the heavy lifting. Testing and validation went smoothly and any minor issues identified were quickly resolved. This solution positions us well for future growth as more practices join the network and we standardize on a go forward EHR system.” – Barry Sheppard, Sr. Dir. IS at Torrance Health Association
- Retention Consulting
- Data Extraction
- Data Migration
- Data Harmonization
- Data Scrubbing
- Data Validation
About Harmony Healthcare IT
Since 2006, health IT analysts at Harmony Healthcare IT have extracted demographic, nancial, clinical and
administrative data from more than 500 healthcare systems – both ambulatory and acute. Headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, the company employs experts in data extraction, migration, archival, integration and analytics to provide its clients with trusted solutions. Working with hundreds of systems, billions of records and terabytes of data, Harmony Healthcare IT provides clients with access to historical records. Simply.
Contact Harmony Healthcare IT
To learn more about how we can help with your healthcare organization’s legacy EMR or ERP system decommissioning, contact Harmony Healthcare IT .